"(...) The (...) sources, as well as many press publications from Antoni Stolpe's times [1851-1872], agree in one respect: he was one of the most outstanding composers to appear on Polish soil since the time of Chopin. (...) Due to his decidedly premature death, the environment of musicians and music writers did not manage to gather together an adequate body of material on Antoni's life, and the mental breakdown suffered by his father, Edward (d. 1874), together with his practical withdrawl from society following the death of his son, contributed to the dispersal of Antoni's compositions and the fall of his oeuvre into oblivion. (...)"
[Andrzej Wróbel in the booklet]Antoni Stolpe (1851-1872) - Piano works:
Piano Sonata in D minor
Variations in D minor
Waltz, Allegro vivace
Nocturne, Andante
Impromptu, Allegretto
Moment musical, Allegro appasionato
Duetto, Allegretto ma non troppo
Mazurka, Andante con mesto
Sonata in A minor, Adagio
Miroslaw Gąsieniec - piano
(read more)


Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarOK. I got the Stolpe chamber music with no problems -- and it's beautiful. I'd love to hear the piano music, but twice I've downloaded the files (both halves), but when I try to convert using AVS, I get nothing, as if the cues are empty. I tried using EAC to burn directly to a disc, and got 'file open error'.
ResponderEliminarAny suggestions?
Nice blog, by the way -- lots of things hitherto unknown to me.
@ Larry: Thank you for your kind words about the blog. Regarding the files: there are two discs in it. Thus I doubt you can burn one disc with that. Try again, or in a different way. If you don't succeed, let me know, and I'll put each disc in one single file.
ResponderEliminarIt may have something to do with the way my AVS is reading the cue. I've run into problems before with a file here and there. I've tried a couple of times since I made the comment, to no avail. If you could separate the two when you have some spare time, that would be most appreciated -- no hurry, I know from experience how demanding this sort of thing can be on one's time. Thanks!
ResponderEliminarTry Cuetools for unpacking archives. It's more robust (usually) than foobar and rarely fails me. I don't know about AVS.
ResponderEliminarOK, I have unpacked both CD archives using the cue files provided. These worked fine with Cuetools. Note that the accented 'a' letter in Gasieniec's name prevented me from viewing the cue files in my regular text editor (though Notepad would do it). This is probably what's confusing AVS.
ResponderEliminarEste comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarEste comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarHad to re-write my comment due to an error. Thanks to all for your suggestions -- Papoulka's idea about the letter 'a' was right -- I changed it and now it works just fine. I'm really looking forward to hearing this...!
ResponderEliminarCannot download stolpe volum 1-3. Please can you send new links?
ResponderEliminarEste comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarHi Odeon... 2012... ok, let's blow away the dust, could you please re-up? thanks a lot & have a good time (should be 5-10 april, not march?)
ResponderEliminarof course it's April. thank you
EliminarEste comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarMany thanks
ResponderEliminarDear Odeaon, please refresh links to this recording. Thanks as always
ResponderEliminarEste comentário foi removido pelo autor.
ResponderEliminarCould you please re-upload?
ResponderEliminarnew links:
ResponderEliminarhttps://mir.cr/0MRD3UVW
https://mir.cr/1G3QC8IL
(you need to download both files before extracting)