quarta-feira, 22 de agosto de 2012

Brahms - Ballades Op. 10; Sonata in F Minor - Sokolov




"Sokolov has also significantly reduced the number of Concerto performances, giving the following reason: "It's very simple. For piano is written an ocean of music, and during your lifetime you are not able to play even a small part of it. (...) And then maybe the worst: if you play a solo piece several times over several days you will develop, going to another level with it, but with a concerto you play this piece more and more, but with each orchestra and conductor you must start again at the first rehearsal. So, if you spend so much energy that you could use much more effectively for recitals, why do you do it? I very much like the fact that everything I make depends only on me.
(source wikipedia)



Johannes Brahms (1833-1897):
Ballades, op.10
Piano Sonata No.3 in F minor, op.5

Grigory Sokolov - piano

(read more)

24 comentários:

  1. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks for these Sokolov complete recordings, I didn't know him (until now, with your postings). I don't agree with him (on playing alone), I think he's missing a zillion wonderful pieces played with orchestra. I don't believe that the conductor and the orchestra distracts someone that much. But he plays nice.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Please fix the Rapidshare links for Sokolov complete recordings. Thank you so much.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Thanks so much! Sorry, what's the password?

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Thanks, Odeon, for all the great music you share. Could you please reupload this one?

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I know the Glenn Gould and Emil Gilels versions of the pieces, and I'm curious about this one...

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Please, re-upload. Thank you very much :)

    ResponderEliminar
  15. all links are down; could you re-up them?
    thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Mr. Odeon, Would you re-upload this recordings? Thank you in advance.

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar