sexta-feira, 5 de setembro de 2014

Rimsky-Korsakov, Balakirev, Ippolitov-Ivanov, Erkin – Orchestral works – Sascha Goetzel



Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908):
Sheherazade, op.35
Mily Balakirev (1837-1910):
Islamey - Oriental fantasy, op.18
Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov (1859-1935):
Caucasian Sketches - Suite no.1 no2, no4
Ulvicemal Erkin (1906-1972):
Köçekçe, dance rhapsody for orchestra

Borusan Istanbul Philharmonic Orchstra
Sascha Goetzel - conductor

(read more)

24 comentários:

  1. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Odeon,

    What a coincidence - last night I transcribed my recording of the the Borusan Philharmonic BBC Proms concert to DVD.

    Did you get a chance to see this prom? I'm sure it is on YouTube/iPlayer. If a problem I can maybe get a copy to you. Not sure of the technology involved to achieve this though!

    Fantastic - great playing, full of enthusiasm and such a dynamic conductor. A breath of much needed "fresh air" for the stuffy classical music scene.

    Thanks for the upload - I will look forward to listening to it.

    Cheers,

    Douglas (UK)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you, Douglas; I'll look for that prom on YouTube.

      Eliminar
    2. You will not disappointed if you see it - one of the best Proms concerts.

      Enjoy.

      Cheers,

      Douglas (UK)

      Eliminar
    3. YouTube link:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985lfzTs79Q

      Do watch this exciting concert - one of the best in the 2014 Proms season.

      Enjoy.

      Cheers,

      Douglas (UK)

      Eliminar
  3. I ordered this CD just last week. It hasn't arrived yet so now I can listen to it early! Köçekçe is a superb work that I had the privilege to play in college. Many thanks!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Nice selection of orchestral orientalism and exotic musical idiom by the usual suspects -> Russian and Soviet composers.

    Many thanks!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Amazing post! Thanks! Do you have one other recording with the same orchestra with works of Schullhoff, Bartok and Prokofiev???

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Parabéns pelo blog e pelas ótimas postagens.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. buenos dias, odeon, seria posible subir nuevamente este link ?
    muchas gracias y saludos cordiales...

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi Odeon. It is already dead. Could you please Re-Up it?
    Thank You very much in advance & My Best Regards.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. muito obrigado, odeon...
    vivo em istanbul e conheço bem esta boa orquestra.
    os melhores cumprimentos

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar